"You are sunshine on a cloudy day!"


During our premarital counseling, my husband and I both took surveys in order to better understand our individual personalities. One of the things the profiles both said was that we were each like... "sunshine on a cloudy day." To this day we enjoy teasing each other about this funny little fact. :)

Sometimes we are sunshine...and sometimes we're not. But, we are soooo in love and are completely enjoying our journey in life together.

As we grow in love and in numbers, I invite you to follow our blog! It is bound to be a messy, silly, fun and exciting adventure. Sit back, grab a blanket, maybe even a cup of tea and get ready for a laugh or two. Welcome to our family! May God greatly bless you today!


Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Minivans and McDonald's Drive-Thrus


So you must be thinking...what in the world do minivans and McDonald's have in common? 

Jon.... My husband.

Huh?

Oh yes, you read this correctly. 

So a real quick story. 

Last night Jon and I happened to finish dinner early, had an hour to kill (still don't know how that happened with a baby...but we did!) So we decided to head out in our new van! Oddly enough, Jon loves driving the thing (but would never admit that to his truck-driving friends). So, we unanimously decided to go to McD's for a hot fudge sundae.

Okay, quick back story on this...Jon loves to talk in different voices when we go through drive-thrus. You know, he does this weird accent when the person on the other end taking the order can't see him...he thinks he's hilarious. He sort of is, actually.

Well, when he used to do this, it would just be the two of us in his SUV...both of us acting like kids, right? 

Now, imagine Jon last night yelling as loudly as he could into the ordering box, "HI YA'WL, I'D LIKE'N SOME OF THAT THER ICE CREAM! I'LL TAKE A 'ER FUDGEY SUNDAAAAEEEE! 

Except...imagine a thirty year-old man, in a minivan, with his wife and baby in the back seat doing this. Yes, this is my husband. This IS my husband.

I seriously thought I might pee my pants. I was laughing so hard.

The look on the face of the poor high school kid taking our order as we went through to pay... priceless.

I was very worried the kid thought we were completely insane, but as he handed back Jon's credit card he did say, "Well, there you go pardner." He was good...almost said it with a straight face.

Oh how I love my husband... I am one lucky lady. :-)



2 comments:

  1. That man is indescribably perfect for you!! :D

    And I'm imagining you cracking up about the whole thing while you typed this. I would love to be a fly on your wall for a day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hilarious! Brandon and I read it together and he especially enjoyed seeing the line about Jon secretly liking driving the swagger wagon. :)

    Fun story! What is it about fast food late at night that seems so fun? hehe

    ReplyDelete